Tucan Tucan

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Shopping, Shopping, and What!?! – More Shopping….

It is common knowledge that I love to shopping, and moreover I love a good bargain. Marcus and I spent all day Sunday shopping, first at the VA waterfront, which is like the Upscale Galleria Mall in Houston and then we moved to the Green Point Flea Market, which was where the real fun began. At the market the expectation is that each purchase is a negotiation.

“ohhhh… this is Very nice. Cost me much money… but for you special price 250 rand.”

“oh no! I only have 100 rand.”

“AYE! Please, give me 180. I give you a very good deal… 180.”

“oh, if I use my cab money and walk back to the hotel I can give you 130.”

“Oh Come on, I usually sell this for 300 no no I usually sell this for 400 rand, I giv eyou very good price, come on.”

“130 is the best I can do, as it is I’m walking home.”

“okay, okay, for you 130.”

No comments: